Thursday, May 5, 2011
Who am I to blow against the wind?
What I have learned
from the sudden death
of a young child
Death teaches us how to live~
1. We are all more fragile than I ever imagined.
2. True friends just simply do what you need and when you are that true friend, you attract the same in return.
3. The most alive moments are those times when you can't believe what you are living.
4. Making peace with now means you become ok with whatever comes next.
5. Saying, "Alhamdulillah" works for everything.
6. Loving everyone for the best that they can do is the best that you can do.
7. We don't have enough strength alone. We need Allah more than any person.
8. Our faith must be in place during the good times in order to support us during the hard times.
9. That stupid thing, which we know is stupid, really is very, very stupid and we need to stop doing it, saying it, and thinking it.
10. Turning points are there for us to make the decisions which help us to grow bigger, better, and brighter
11. Very few things actually matter in the exact moment you are living. Think simply. Live simply.
12. Do the thing which truly makes sense to you and it will all unfold better than if you tried to be a, "good," person and do what was expected from others.
13. Your problems could be worse. How? I don't know, but I bet if we both thought about it, someone could figure out how. Thank Allah for what you were spared.
14. Alcohol, drugs, food and mindless relationships just don't beat prayer.
There's a lot of "re" in my life: reverting, re-assessing, re-establishing, and finally returning and possibly re-emerging.
May Allah's plan for our lives bring us the challenges we need to get into Jannah.